Chico Massage School is a private institution that offers a comprehensive entry level massage therapy program approved by the Bureau of Post Secondary Education (BPPE).
Students will learn how to complete a client intake, perform Swedish massage with proper body mechanics, and document their work.
Students will learn how to communicate effectively, ethically and professionally with clients and other healthcare providers. Students will learn basic postural and soft-tissue assessments and how to design treatment plans. Students will learn contraindications for massage and how to accommodate clients with special needs. They will also learn the laws and regulations governing massage in the state of California.
The course includes instruction on the basic massage strokes:
After learning the basic principles, students will be trained to provide massage to the public in the supervised student massage clinic.
Therapist self-care to ensure career longevity is a focus. Self-massage, stretching, posture, and proper body mechanics will be emphasized daily.
This 525-hour course is broken down as follows:
· History of Massage: 5 Hours
· Business & Marketing/Laws & Regulations/Ethics: 34 Hours
· Documentation/S.O.A.P. Notes/Client Assessment: 35 Hours
· Anatomy & Physiology: 80 Hours
· Pathology: 30 Hours
· Health/Hygiene: 5 Hours
· Kinesiology: 26 Hours
· Body Mechanics/Self Care/Equipment/Environment Safety: 20 Hours
· Massage & Bodywork Techniques & Hands on Application: 175 Hours
· Benefits /Contraindications: 15 Hours
· Instructor Guided Practice Appointments/Clinical Hours: 100 Hours
Full Time Track:
January 4th, 2020 – June 6th, 2020
Fall 2020 TBD